Saturday 13 July 2013

What's in a name?

Soon, in about ten days to be precise, I start a new project in Burnley. The focus of the project are the rivers, hidden underfoot. The rivers are (i think) the Brun, the Calder and the Don and they snake their way, mostly unseen, under the footpaths and roads of Burnley like secret whispering veins.
I'm going to working with a group of young people to explore the rivers' paths and map the watery landscapes using film, photography and however else the young people would like.
I'm looking forward to this, having a new view of a town I know so well and meeting my new creative collaborators for the next couple of months.
At the moment my working title for the project is Undercurrents but I'm hoping the young people might have some other ideas...

No comments:

Post a Comment